Siri and Bill Wilkinson of Gerson’s Garden offer some of their favorite recipes from their restaurant, Gerson’s Garden, in Roanoke. Check out Gerson’s Garden.
- 6 cups kale (stems removed, rinsed, torn into salad-sized pieces)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle of celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup sunflower kernels
- 1 2-ounce jar diced pimentos (optional)
- Toss first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl until leaves are well-coated.
- Pour into a large skillet and heat over medium-high until leaves start to wilt. Stir continuously to ensure even cooking.
- Once reduced by 1/3, remove from heat. Toss gently with sunflower kernels and pimentos. Serve warm or cool.