Your lake home will always be battling the elements to keep the inside at a comfortable temperature. Regardless of season there are steps homeowners can take to increase their home’s energy efficiency.
Each month we want to provide you with new tips specific to the season, and things you can do every month to conserve energy.
April’s Energy Saving Tips
Spring has sprung, and the state is already barreling towards summer. While the temperatures tend to be pleasantly moderate throughout the month, April marks a great time to transition to your summer energy saving plan.
- Set ceiling fans to run counter-clockwise to help cool rooms.
- Ensure air-conditioning vents are open to full capacity and unobstructed.
- Have air-conditioning unit serviced so it will be working efficiently when needed.
Regular Monthly Energy Saving Tips
The below are not specific to any one month, but rather should be done each month to conserve energy.
- Clean or change air-conditioning filters.
- Clean the clothes dryer and vent to prevent lint buildup
- Clean for and identify “energy vampires” in your home. These could include electronics, power strips and other devices that are left on when not in use.
- Review your energy bill to see how your actions are helping to reduce costs.