Your lake home will always be battling the elements to keep the inside at a comfortable temperature. Regardless of season there are steps homeowners can take to increase their home’s energy efficiency.
July’s Energy Saving Tips
Temperatures are at an all time high this summer. Beat the heat and lower your energy bill with these summer energy saving tips.
- Seal gaps in floors, doors, and windows to save up to 10 percent on your energy bill, and prevent moisture issues and drafts.
- Ensure outdoor unit for air conditioner is free of leaves and other debris.
- Close drapes during the day, and consider applying window film to minimize heat from the sun.
Regular Monthly Energy Saving Tips
The below are not specific to any one month, but rather should be done each month to conserve energy.
- Clean or change air-conditioning filters.
- Clean the clothes dryer and vent to prevent lint buildup
- Clean for and identify “energy vampires” in your home. These could include electronics, power strips and other devices that are left on when not in use.
- Review your energy bill to see how your actions are helping to reduce costs.