Mix a taste of the tropics into your weekend. Whether hosting a crowd or preparing lunches for the week, this Pineapple and Edamame Salad packs fresh vegetables and fruits into one colorful side dish. Featured in our latest issue of Shorelines, Bill and Siri Wilkinson shared some of their favorite recipes from their restaurant, Gerson’s Garden, serving vegetarian dishes in Roanoke. Check out Gerson’s Garden.
Pineapple and Edamame Salad
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- ½ large pineapple (diced)
- ½ small red onion (small dice)
- 1 mango (diced)
- 1 8-ounce bag organic frozen edamame (shelled)
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ jalapeno finely diced (optional)
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt to taste
- Cook edamame according to package directions. Cool with an ice bath and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, then gently mix. For best results, make a day ahead to let flavors develop.